The Bryans Brood

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Obviously my parents taught me something

Look 2 posts in one day. I am on a roll.


My parents taught me a lot growing up but sometimes I ponder what actually was absorbed and what went in one ear and out the other. If nothing else I did learn one thing. Fire is always dangerous!
Playing with fire: I was always taught to not play with fire. Always! I don't recall a moment as a child where I got in trouble playing with matches, lighters, etc. Mind you I am sure I was into something else but fire was not something I was interested in. My husband on the other hand I am sure was told time and time again that fire was dangerous but he managed to light a field on fire by his house and who knows what other things he "burned" without his mother knowing. Maybe his knowledge in being a pyromaniac paid off because the last couple days would have been very chilly with out him! Even with our heater on the house is still a little chilly in some areas. Several times over the last couple days I have called Todd for directions on how to build a fire. Even having him drive home from work on his lunch hour to build it himself. This was the day our heater was broke so I had a valid reason for taking him away from his busy schedule. Anyways, Yesterday I tried once again to build a fire to no avail. Even with fire starter pieces and matches the size of a pencil , I couldn't do it. Then today low and behold what is laying next to the fireplace. An entire starter log! The size of actual wood! (did he leave this here to help or is he making fun of the fact that I am not a seasoned pyromaniac???)Needless to say I have a great fire going in the living room. But lets not mention that I took the log out of the bag when there is a diagram of the bag being lit on fire! But Hey, it is working, the fire is going and I didn't even burn myself once!

No comments:

Post a Comment