The Bryans Brood

Friday, December 17, 2010

Baby Camryn

Tonight my mother, sister, brother, Katy and I made a trip to Dell Childrens Hospital to see baby Camryn. As most of you might know she is my baby cousin who was born in August, 2 months early. When she was born she had to have surgery for Hydrocephalus, which is a build up of fluid around the skull. After having the surgery to help make her better she stayed at the hospital until late October. Then she was released. Her mom said she was a happy baby, content, ate well, etc. Last week she went in for one of her regular MRI appointments to make sure the shunt was working properly. At this time they stated it was over working and had caused a brain bleed and they needed to go in and replace it with a different shunt. After she was admitted to the hospital she tested positive for RSV, got a infection in her brain, started having seizures, now has 30 brain bleeds, which she DID NOT have on the MRI just a couple days prior, she also now has a collapsed lung. The magnitude of her illness really hit me tonight when I got to see her. She cant be held and has more monitors, cords, wires connected to her than I have ever seen in my life. She is too precious to go through this! Her little nose is the tinest nose I have ever seen in my life, her little chunky cheeks are swollen, she has a little fat roll on her thight, her itty bitty hands were a magnet to me rubbing them. She is just so tiny....At only 11 pounds she sure is a fighter! She is highly sedated as she is intubated(sp??) but I just know that she can feel and hear everyone. Her mommy sings, reads and talks to her all day in the hopes that she will keep fighting and know that she is loved more than she can ever imagine. Tomorrow they are going to remove the drains from her head because they are starting to get red and inflamed which could cause another infection and the Dr.s said her chance of making it through another infection is very slim. So please pray a million times over that tomorrow she does ok. I have a lot of faith but sometimes it gets tested. when I saw over 30 small children in the ICU and this little baby, my cousin is listed in the top 3 in critical condition. It hurt beyond measure. I cant even being to imagine what her Mommy and Daddy are feeling. My heart breaks for her and for her mom, dad and brother. No one ever should have to go through this. Christy said to me "the last time I held her is when I handed her to the surgeon and had I known that a small surgery would turn into this I would have held her longer" Her words went right to my heart. Not only the pain because this little baby girl is my cousin but because this little baby girl deserves a fair chance to experience life and to run and play and be picked on by her rough and tough big brother. She deserves that. Please continue to pray for this family. Think of them daily and keep them in your prayers. They need strength, guidance, and peace. Thanks so much for everyone that has called, texted, FB about her. Everyone asks me daily what the status is and even people that dont even know her or her parents. The power of prayer is AMAZING so please keep them coming in!!!! Love- J :)

No comments:

Post a Comment