The Bryans Brood

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Amazing conversation

So yesterday I took the kids shopping with the money that Granny Reba sent them for Christmas. While we were driving from one store to the next their choice of conversation had my laughing so hard I almost couldn't drive. So here are several words spoken from those cute kiddos of mine.

Lauren "mom when you lived in Korea was it far for you to fly to outter space, then to Korea then to Hutto?"
Cayde "Lauren the reason that you get presents is because Santa makes them but if you don't listen he will forget to make your stuff."
Lauren "mom, where were we when you were a kid?"
Cayde replies " Lauren we were in heaven and Jesus was making us, duhh?"
Cayde "mom if this planet is round then why are the roads flat?"
Lauren "Cayde this land that you call a planet is called a globe in my classroom."
Cayde "mom, where is Korea? Is it on the other side of the world? Is it another planet?"
Cayde "mom can you tell us stories from when you were a kid?"
Lauren "did you play baseball at the same field as me mom, the field that i dont like?"

Of course these are just several quotes that I actually remember. The variety of questions that they ask amazes me everyday. Lauren is generally the one asking the questions and Caydes response is always in a bossy tone with DUHH added to the end. Everyday there is an argument over what #x#= and each time i finally give them the answer they tell me NO mom that is not right....like I didnt learn that a million, and i mean million years ago in grade school. Sometimes the things I hear them say has me laughing so hard that they think I am laughing at them so I have to explain that it is not at them I'm laughing at what they said. Amazing how those little bitty brains can store so much information, good and bad :)
Lately I have considered buying a set of baby monitors so I can put them in their rooms when I am in another room just to hear exactly what kids talk about. Their conversations always have a way of making me giggle like a kid and remember things i believed as a child :) Childlike faith is something I wish stayed with us forever.

Well....i know that was a random post but I have a ton todo to prepare for the kids school parties tomorrow :) Have a great evening and GOD BLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment