The Bryans Brood

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The idea of a Blog and the pitter patter of Tatum Marie

Well, I am not exactly sure what made me want to do a blog. Maybe it was the idea of keeping family and friends informed from afar, maybe to work on my grammar skills because for some reason in the 10 years since I graduated apparently I forgot how to use proper English or spell things right, maybe to voice my optinion or views on certain things, maybe to get things off my chest.....WHO KNOWS? Either way here I am. I am looking at my computer wondering what can I blog about, what is interesting or what people might want to read. When infact there is no direct purpose of my blog. So here ya go....there I go saying ya...its a texas thing :) moving on.....(ADHD had me there for a minute)

So this last week I have been keeping my niece Tatum who is almost 2. She is a mini-version of her mommy 100%! So much that last night in her ohh so very grumpy mood and a sour look on her face I said "Tatum you look so much like your mommy I could pinch you." her response was " WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" She literally burts into tears when I said that. Of course I would never pinch her so I am lead to believe that her emotions were running high since she refused to nap earlier in the day. So...anyways. She has been with me since Sunday afternoon. And keep in mind this child is by far the happiest child I have ever seen. She is very content. So having an almost 2 year old, a 4 1/2 year old and a 6 year old has been entertaining and hard work to say the least. We have had several fights from Lauren refusing to let Tatum play in her room because "she stuck my barbies head in the toilet" to Cayde threatening to "spank" Tatum because she poked him in the back with a staple puller(not sure where she found it at) and all the way to Tatum actually getting put in time out for slamming Laurens head in the door(yep thats right, a little midget child compared to Lauren managed to slam the door on Laurens head...and I look up to see Laurens head wedged between the door frame and the door as Tatum continues to push from the other side) So from good to bad to ugly this week has been very entertaining. We have  had a lot of fun but for sure I know why Todd and I only had 2 children. Cayde is kinda = to 2 kids and lately Lauren is = to 3 so all in all I think 2 was a perfect number for us :) With that said the kids have very much enjoyed Tatum and her itty bitty body running around the house talking to herself. She has been calling me Momma, I assume because my kids call me that all day but either way I answer her when she yells my name. She has enjoyed her Bubba(Uncle Todd) very much. He does not handle her 2 minutes of crying at bedtime as he wants to run in there and just hold her but so far he has refrained from spoiling her too bad. It has been a great week and I will be sad to see her leave with MiMi and Poppy tomorrow. It is her birthday weekend so she has to go make her grand appearance and be spolied rotten by everyone that will attend. So for my little Tatum Marie....Momma(Auntie Jeeka) loves you very much! You are my little mini-hot-mess and I hope you have a super duper birthday!
Ok, Lauren is bouncing on my head to play Polly Pocket on the computer so I am signing off for now!! Happy Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment